Monday, November 29, 2010

To RE GIFT OR NOT

NOT!!! This is such a horrible thing to do, as much as we need to save money in this day and age re-gifting is not the best option! More than likely the person will figure out that you have re-gifted and be offended.  I remember one year I randomly got a random serving dish.  I was like huh? It look like they pulled it out of their kitchen closet and wrapped it up for me.  (and anything cooking is so not me).  Gifts are to be personable, I really have something really cheap (even dollar store) than a re-gift.  HOWEVER, there are certin situations when re-gifting is ok.  A few years back my sister in-law got a bracelet from someone and the bracelet was really not her type of style, and it was a coach bracelet, my mother who adores coach and anything blingy was who she gave it to, but before she gave it to her she told her "when I got this gift I thought of you and how much you would love it so I decided to save it for you for Christmas rather than return it".  In this situation you are telling the person, and you are also telling them that it is something that you believed they would love.  I re-gifted twice in my life and I have nightmares about it seriously! Another situation that it can be ok is if it is an heirloom, if it is something that someone wants to pass down to you, you should feel happy about that even if you asked for an Ipod! (true story) Bottom line is before you think about re-gifting think about how the person would feel getting a sweater you threw in the back of your closet last Christmas?

Tip: Create a holiday basket, forget the cheese and sausage and make it fun.  Stock up on items at the dollar store such as the basket stuffing and small little things the person would love. As I said in an earlier post picture frames are the best.  Just add your fav. picture of you and your loved one or if you have children put in their holiday picture.  If the person is super artsy and into music type up a famous poem and frame it.  If you want to spend more on the basket add your personal gift inside.  I intend to use this.  Another good tip if the person loves bath and body works, stock them up on loofahs.  If they love costume jewelry put a few good pieces from the store Amuse in there or Charollete Ruse.  Many options many ideas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment