Friday, February 11, 2011

Middle Eastern tricks of the trade!

Girls, my husband is from the beautiful land of Saudi Arabia.  All of his family and girls and guys that I meet from there always have dark beautiful thick hair.  Even though my hair is already extra thick and dark, I wanted to know what the hell do they drink that they all have this hair and dark eyes!
Well here is how it happens.  It starts off when they are infants.  They shave off the hair, girl or boy and let it grow back in thick, since when you are born your baby hair usually falls out slowly they do this anyways .  They use black khol on the child's eyes and eyebrows to bring in the deep dark eyes that are often seen on the women and men and the middle east.
If you are older, and still want thick hair, I asked my husband what I could advise my readers to use.  He told me Hasheesh oil (which made me give him a strange look) he told me it is like hemp, it is legal and can be used on the scalp to make the hair grow in super thick and strong.  Also henna, if you go to your local arabic grocery store they most likely carry it.  It will make your hair color red, but it will also make it super thick and soft.  As for the Hasheesh Oil, I'm still looking for a place to buy it, if you girls find it let me know, otherwise I will keep you posted.  My older daughter I put eyeliner or khol on her eyes, and she has amazing eyes, it is not the eyeliner you get from Mac, you have to get it from an Arabic store.  Ask me and I can most likely find a store for you in your city :)

2 comments:

  1. I dated an Armenian for 5 years and yes, the women's hair is to die for. Have you heard of the Moroccan Oil hair care line? It's all I use!

    http://www.moroccanoil.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Heather, I have and I do use moroccan oil.
    my mom brought me some. The thing is with me is that my hair is already extra thick and I hate it!!! I always make them thin it out when I go to the salon! But the Moroccan oil makes it smooth which I like.

    ReplyDelete