Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cindy Lou WHO!?

I wanna bring in topics some times that aren't always about fashion directly.  So my daughter (2yrs) was watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas, the one with Jim Carey and Taylor Momsen.  The movie was made in 2000 and Taylor was just a little girl adorable as can be.  Now Taylor stars in the show Gossip girl and is the lead singer for The Pretty reckless. She is 17 yrs old, and has been getting a lot of criticism for the way she dresses and the things that she says.  She has become very gothic, and talks with a foul mouth. Well people, she is 17 what do you expect, not every girl turns out like a cheerleader! And at least she doesn't hide the horrible things she does like Miley to me is a undercover hoe and druggie.  I think Taylor is being herself, and people she just let her be.  Her fashion is cute and I have to admit that I was a goth at her age also. Haha. If you are a Gossip Girl fan, I wish they would bring back Lil J I loved her role.
As for Miley, and Hannah Slutanna, I don't understand what the producers at Disney were thinking when they did the last season.  They know that the audience is girls from 5-10, and they did a whole season about relationships! So, I know I personally did not let my daughter watch it and neither did her father.  She doesn't need to know about men who cheat and all of this kind of stuff.  They tried to bring in viewers who were older but honestly older girls either know about this stuff or they just don't care.
Who can be a role model to little girls now? Miley who was recently video tapped taking hits from a bong? Demi Lovato who is in rehab for being a cutter and beating up a dancer? I know I would love to be my daughters role model and I'm sure I'm but they also look up to these girls.  I'm at a loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment