Friday, December 17, 2010

A classy Divorce?

We live in a day and age were most marriages end up sadly in divorce.  Everyone thinks they are so in love and just race off and get married.  I was in this trend, I married when I was 20, and I did it not because of love but because I had moved to a new city and felt alone.  I would say big mistake (he was) but I had a daughter after a year of marriage.  My daughter is now 8 years old, and sadly lives with her father.  He decided to have an un-classy divorce and make it very messy.  Each parent thinks they knows what is best for their child, as he does, but we all have our own opinion.  To make a long story short, he hired a bunch of lawyers but had told me there would be none and made a big to do.  I love my daughter dearly and I still see her all the time.  I have re-married and have another daughter, and he re-married to a really sweet girl, who I have become friends with.
So, if you married and you feel the need to divorce, do a few things first, make sure that it is not an impulse choice, that it is really what you want, and what is best for you and your life.  Make sure that if you have children involved that they never become between you two, and they do not get used in any way.  Always keep your cool, never show your weak side.  Even if you need to burst out and scream in anger and cry dont let him/her see that.  Be the better person.  Write down everything they have said or done that is wrong and keep it some place safe.  (Just incase this is brought into court)
I know this doesn't have a lot to do with fashion, or saving money but it has a lot to do with class!!! And above all else, do not have a divorce party (super tacky!) Invite yourself to a nice dinner at home, and if you do drink have a glass of wine and a nice bubble bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment