Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lipstick Jihad!

We all know what is going on over in Libya, which is a mess and really sad.  Today though I read something that I was in shock over.  Col. Gaddafi's personal soldiers are WOMEN!!! High heels lipstick and gun strapped women! I'm all for female's being equal to men, but this was just a shocker.  In a Muslim country were women veil, and cover themselves there are up to 100 women who train each year in a academy to become a personal solider.  These women are no doubt beautiful, but how educated are they? Libya is a poor country, so when these women join do you think they are educated enough to know the politics of this matter? or are they just doing it for the female revolution that is secretly going on in the Middle East?  Im happy to see women standing up in the Middle East, but I really wish it was for a better cause.  These women are also said to be virgins.  I'm sorry I have a lot of thoughts going through my head too many to type.  I wish I could just talk to one of the young women to understand, and also to know if their family agrees with their daughters protecting such a cruel man?

2 comments:

  1. hey no fair, i posted a comment here and it didn't show up :(

    I was saying i agree women should be equal, but in this case it's not a good thing. these women are kind of being used, just like girls in a 50 cent video, for status, but are in real danger. who on earth would have their soldiers in heals and lipstick? not safe!

    I hope they are able to stay safe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humm thats strange cause I don't monitor the posts? I actually didn't even see this one till now.
    I agree how can you feel safe when the one protecting you is in platforms and Jewels?! The women are being subjected, its one thing to protect your country but this is going to far. Like you said it is a 50 cent video. I do not think they will be able to stay safe it seems that they have a vow to stay with him till death! SAD!!! I know I would never let my daughter do that. They just look like sex symbols!

    ReplyDelete