Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Outlets?

On our trip to Cali, my husband and I were excited to stop at the outlets in Cabazon CA.  We read the list on-line with stores such as Burberry, Dior, Gucci, Prada etc etc.  we were super excited me more than him of course.  But we both love fashion! We parked our car next to the main stores, our first store was Dior, it was a bust.  I felt like I was at the real Dior and looking at purses from 6 yrs ago with this years prices.  I know that nice things should keep it's value, but really they offered maybe 5% off! I thought that maybe it was just Dior and so we continued each store we went to was the same thing! Even the Juicy store didn't have sales were as the one near my house is 70% off! The stores we did find deals at were Jimmy Choo <3 Banana Republic, Diesel, DKNY, Puma, Adidas, and Coach.  I have to say my Jimmy Choo leopard sandals were worth the whole trip, but I was hoping to walk away with a new Burberry Dior sunglasses and a pair of Gucci Earrings! WRONG.  So next time you are headed out to the outlets, realize that they usually are not as exciting as they sound.  However, if you are coming from other countries, such as Canada or Europe, these stores will be cheap for you!!! I did meet a man in DKNY that was saying how everything in the mall was so cheap.  I guess it just depends on were you are from.  Also when you go into Jimmy Choo, up your size by 2 and say it in european numbers so you are not so embarassed I were a 12 in Jimmy Choo I almost cried!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found some nice deals in the end :) but i have similar experiences with outlet shopping. there's an outlet village in Holland and I was there once. either stuff was cheap-ish but REALLY out of fashion (indeed, we're talking 6 years ago), or it was just a little bit dusty (last year's/minor factory damage) but still almost full price. the idea of outlet villages makes you think it must be soooo cheap/exciting/worthwhile but the reality is often different. i think stores make use of that, thinking we are more likely to buy things just because we THINK it'll be cheap or a good deal. we don't want to leave empty-handed. and sadly, they're probably right..

    but the Choos are to die for! wow!

    funny size fact: in the US I'm a size 6, but in the UK that translates to a size 4. every time i buy shoes here I feel like i'm saying i have baby feet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, it is like saying baby feet. I know whenever I buy Burberry shoes I look at the UK size and I'm like MY FEET ARE SMALL!!!! And thank you I'm in love with the shoe's they are sleeping in their bed now, I treat them like a little baby!!!
    As for outlets, I have found good deals, but without going far, and you also have to really dig deep for the good deals, and also sign up for like coupon clubs and all this stuff. I don't mind having last years things, or classic things from long ago but the stuff was like not even a classic style so it really was not worth it at all. What made me really mad was the Burberry kids section, in D.C. the outlet there is soooo cheap, but here it was like 5 dollars off!!!! I guess it all depends on where you are at.

    ReplyDelete