Friday, January 14, 2011

For all the Mommys out there!!!

So tonight my daughter decided she is done with diapers (I found her wondering around with no pants and heading towards her potty) I never wanted to push her to do it, but I always showed her were it is and how mommy does it.  Every child, parent, book says something different as to how to handle this situation.  For example my ex husband took my daughters diaper off and said pee on yourself thats your problem she was 2 and after one day was trained.  I saw this as kind of harsh, yeah it worked but like I said every child is different.  A few months back before my younger daughter turned 2 she used the toilet 2 times, but she didn't seem ready for this.  I don't think parents should feel pressured by this, I have seen children who are 4-5 who are still using diapers not even training pants.  I admit that is a little bit old, but pressure only makes a child more nervous, you want this experience to be something fun and exciting or else your child could end up holding in their urine and etc. causing infections.  Another thing that I have made clear to my daughter is to not be naked around the house, she has to at least have underwear on, you never know if they fall and hurt themselves plus its just unsanitary! I do have a potty for her, but after reading many reviews I found a great potty by fischer price that has toilet paper on the side and a real sounding flush, I though this might be a little more exciting for her.  Along with the Prudence potty training video and book. Its going to be a journey, but in the end I dont have to carry diapers in wipes in my purse :D so I have a lot more room!!!! Let the training begin!!!!

Mothers, tell me how you trained your child, or how you plan too?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It's always a relief when they learn potty training. My daughter picked up on it pretty quick. I hear you on the underwear thing though. Mine went through the naked phase. I didn't know how to convince her to keep her clothes on, so I went online and found a tip, lol. I told her bugs would crawl up her butt if she had no panties on. Problem solved :) I can't remember who posted it, but it's genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So going to use that today with my daughter!!! thank you!!! I'm sick of her naked butt jumping on me hahahah!!! I think all kids go through it but I would just like to make it as short as possible :) thanks BUGS BUGS BUGS!

    ReplyDelete