Friday, January 21, 2011

Plus sized gets last years left overs.

So, by now if you read my blog, you know I'm a "plus sized" girl.  So, I was searching forever 21 and torrid in their "plus sized collections" hoping to find something super cute for valentines day.  Sadly, the plus sized department has what the regular sized departments had last year! I know you people who aren't plus size will say "well lose weight and wear what you want", but see I like my body, I embrace my curves and I'm happy the way that I'm.  When will fashion come to terms that not everyone is a size 2, and not everyone that is plus sized wants to wear what was cute LAST YEAR.  I know thankfully how to shop and put things together to look extra cute, but I really wish that I didn't have to go through so much work to get one cute outfit! Some tips for my girls who are not a size 2...
*dont give up, and embrace what you have
*shop around, target, forever 21, torrid, old navy even department stores
*make that boring dress something cute by adding the hottest shoes and purse you can find.
*headbands!!!
*scarves!
*for a basic outfit, grab a black tank, a black cardi skinny jeans flats and put on a scarf and some big hoops.
*for a night out, a small dress can become a long shirt with a pair of leggings or tights and super cute shoes.
*if you really love something and have extra money consider making your new best friend a taylor they can work magic.



Here are some pictures of two plus sized outfits for "this season" that are sooo last year, and one of the regular sized clothes that is super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment