Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Foreign Film Love Affair

Move over Hollywood, cause personally I'm sick of you! I have always enjoyed foreign films, but lately I cant stop watching them, and mostly Bollywood!!! My mom got me a membership to Netflix.com so I can watch them online.  Sadly most stores don't care a lot of foreign films.  I started my love affair with Spanish films, mostly ones that star Gael Garcia Bernal (Y tu mama tambien) I highly recommend this movie, and anything he stars in, but at the same time you have to keep an open mind for a lot of the roles he plays.  Bollywood has taken my heart though away from the Latin films, and I cannot stop watching them, they are at least 2 hrs long (if not they are not a good Indian film, from what I have noticed.) Most Indian movies have the same plot but somehow they get you there for 2 1/2 hrs and you get caught up in the movies.  I dont know about all of my readers, but American Films just are not cutting it for me anymore, they are not what they used to be.  People seem so into graphics fashion and effects that they forget the story line.  I also feel that most of the good actors and actress's are taking less roles or none at all.
Some movies to get you started

1) Y tu Mama tambien

2) the crime and passion of father amore

3) Johada Akbar

4) Dehli 6

5) We are Family

Anything that stars

Abhishek Bachchan, 

Shahrukh Khan or Gael Garcia Bernal will be a great movie.   

No comments:

Post a Comment